Saturday 24 October 2015

Becoming Famous - Natalie Scott

I've been reading Becoming Famous for a couple of weeks but I now feel like it is a good time to write my review because truthfully although I'm 80% of the way through, I just don't think I'm going to finish reading it.

Becoming Famous tells the story of Bebe. When she was younger she wanted nothing more to be a champion horse rider which she looked set to do until she had an accident. Since then her life has been abit of a whirlwind. She just can't seem to settle anywhere, one minute she's living in New York the next minute after the death of a friend she decides to spontaneously move to LA. Can Bebe ever find happiness?

The synopsis of Becoming Famous sounded just like my kind of book but unfortunately it failed to impressed. It's worth mentioning that in the copy that I was very kindly given to review, the text is a little all over the shop making it very difficult to read. Perhaps I may have enjoyed reading it much more if the text was as it should've been. 

I didn't like the main character at all. I just couldn't relate to her and I found the actions that she made to be slightly erratic which leads to the plot leaping around. You definitely need to be fully concentrated on reading this book or else you'll struggle to keep up with the insanely quick pace of Bebe's life. 

Unfortunately I just didn't enjoy reading Becoming Famous. Despite saying this I think that it will appeal to a lot of people as the plot idea is good. The book is actually a sequel, although I read it as a standalone with no issues. I would assume if you loved book number one that you will love this book too. However for me, it just fell a little short to my expectations from the synopsis. 

Synopsis -

Bebe Barkley has never released a sex tape. She’s not America’s Next Top Model. She didn’t get pregnant at 16, and has never auditioned for American Idol. In fact, she’s holed up in a hotel room at the Waldorf in New York City, totally depressed. But even though she doesn’t know it yet, she’s about to become famous. A former equestrian rider, Bebe had a bright future until a tragic accident changed everything. Now she’s unable to return to her old life, yet incapable of moving forward.

Follow her as she ventures from New York to LA, the City of Broken Dreams, where she will find everything she’s ever wanted, only to risk losing the things she truly loves. Join Bebe in her heart-stopping journey in Becoming Famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment