Saturday 16 January 2016

Beyond The Stars - Stacy Wise

Beyond The Stars by Stacy Wise tells the story of A List Hollywood actor Jack and Jessica. Due to Jessica's year abroad in France falling through she ends up becoming Jacks personal assistance. Little does she know and as much as she would deny it, the attraction between the pair is undeniable.

I'm an absolutely sucker for stories where one half of the pairing is famous and unfortunately some books just don't reach my high expectations of these kind of stories. Thankfully this wasn't the case with Beyond The Stars and it is one of the best books I've read with this kind of storyline. I loved the story, I loved the characters, I love the authors writing style, I just absolutely loved everything about this book!

If like me you read a lot of books in this genre I'm sure you'll have a list of fictional love interests that you wish were real. Well it's not often someone new gets added to my list but Jack has made it. I thought it was such a great character who really did love Jessica. Even during the moments where she is just his PA, he stands up for her and genuinely tries to do what he can to make her happy. They form an unlikely bond and although there is an attraction between them, they become great friends. Although Jack pushes Jessica away at first and we learn that he may have been abit of a twonk in the early stages of his acting career he's still cemented his place as one of my favourite male characters in a book.

The pacing of the book is particularly slow with any real action between the pair taking place around 80% into the book. In my opinion the fact it's a slow burner really adds to the book. The tension that developed between Jack and Jessica as the book went on was so strong it was oozing out of the pages into my room which only made it even better when the final few chapters came around. If you like a book to get to the relationship quick you may find the slow buildup frustrating and probably won't enjoy this book as much. However I absolutely loved the pace and when the moment came when they admitted there feelings it made the slow pacing completely worthwhile. 

From the opening page to the very end my attention was constantly captured, I personally thought it was a real page turner. I found the way that it was written most captivating. The characters in particular Jack and Jessica were so well developed and provided some entertaining moments. One of my favourite things about this book was that the entire book was written from Jessica’s point of view except for the last chapter which was from Jack’s. As if the entire book hadn’t been good enough, it was such a sweet ending to be able to read things from Jack’s perspective.  

With every turn of the book my heart fluttered more and more. It was such a sweet read. Yes it's only January but believe me when I say Beyond The Stars is already going to be a contender for one of my favourite books released this year. I’ve only just finished reading and I already want to read it again. Beyond The Stars most certainly should be added to your must read list, it is absolutely fantastic.

Synopsis - 

Falling for him wasn't in the plans...

Most girls would kill for the opportunity to work for Jack McAlister, Hollywood's hottest actor, but twenty-one-year-old Jessica Beckett is ready to kick him out of her red Ford Fiesta and never look back. She should be spending her junior year in France, eating pastries and sharpening her foreign language skills. Instead she's reluctantly working as Jack's personal assistant, thanks to her powerhouse talent agent aunt.

Jack is private, prickly, and downright condescending. Jessica pushes his buttons—she's not the type of girl to swoon over celebrity heartthrobs, precisely why her aunt thought she'd be perfect for the job—and Jack pushes right back.

But as she begins to peel away his layers, Jessica is shocked to find she craves her boss's easy smile and sexy blue eyes. The problem is, so does the entire female population. And what started out as the job from hell soon has Jess wondering if a guy like Jack could ever find love with a regular girl like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment