Sunday 7 February 2016

Match Me If You Can - Michele Gorman

Match Me If You Can follows the individual stories of best friends Catherine, Rachel and Sarah. All of them are having no luck in their love lives, Catherine's ex husband (and business co owner) is getting married to an extremely young woman, Rachel's office romance ended badly and Sarah hasn't had a date in years. Catherine manages to persuade them to join her dating site where you have to join with an ex partner. Can all three of them finally get their happily ever afters?   

Usually I hate books that follow different narratives but I felt that it worked very well in Match Me If You Can. All three of the characters were instantly likeable and you enjoyed reading more about all of them. I usually find you're drawn to a character more and although I preferred Rachel's chapters I still eagerly wanted to find out what happened to Catherine and Sarah too. 

Personally I thought Match Me If You Can was ever so slightly too long. At times I did find myself skim reading a few of the chapters. However, overall it was a enjoyable read and I did thoroughly enjoy the authors writing style. 

I had high hopes for this book as it the story really appealed to me when I read about it. The idea of having to join a dating site where your ex fills in a questionnaire about when you were dating is a great premise for a book. I can see some people absolutely loving this book but for me, I enjoyed reading it but it unfortunately wasn't the best book I've read. 

Synopsis - 

Three friends upcycle their exes through London’s most popular boyfriend recycling website, but haven’t bargained on the consequences of the exchanges they make.

Perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella and Lindsey Kelk.

Meet best friends Catherine, Rachel and Sarah. Yet to find Mr Right, they’ve been settling for Mr Right Now. But when Catherine, London’s finest matchmaker, gets the girls to join her dating site where they can recycle their ex-boyfriends, they soon realise that anything could happen.
Rachel's office romance James was a big fat mistake and she's more than happy to upcycle him… Or is she? Homebody Sarah hasn't had a date in years but when her transformation finds men falling at her newly-pedicured feet, will her popularity be worth the sacrifices she’s making? And Catherine falls asleep more often on her desk than on a man, so when she builds the perfect partner who ticks all her boxes, surely it's a recipe for love . . . not disaster?

There’s someone for everyone, right? These best friends are about to find out for themselves . .

No comments:

Post a Comment