Monday 21 March 2016

Backstage - Jacqueline E Smith

Backstage is book number two in the series and picks off exactly where book one, Boy Band leaves off. Backstage is a little bit more complex than Boyband as so many secrets are being kept between every member of the band, The Kind Of September. Secrets that could potentially tear the band apart.

I wasn't expecting too much from Backstage as I tend to find I never enjoy sequels as much as the first novel but thankfully it certainly wasn't the case this time. In fact it was quite the opposite, I was so upset when I hit the final page that the book was over! 

Melissa and Sam's relationship is still one of the most adorable relationships I've ever read about in a book and it's only improved even more since they're become a couple. Without spoiling anything the ending of this book is just too darn sweet for words. They're rapidly becoming some of my favourite characters in a book. Backstage features a lot more on Sam's band mates too which I find a delight to read as it goes to show that even if you're the best of friends, if you're with each other so much strains can begin to form. 

Like with book one I just didn't want this book to ever end so I'm keeping my fingers crossed another book is going to be added to the series. I haven't even been able to bring myself to pick up another book for a week as its all that I have been thinking about since the second I finished this book! If you enjoyed the story of book one you will absolutely love reading Backstage and I would highly recommend you pick it up. 

Synopsis -

Melissa Parker might just be the luckiest girl on the planet. 

She’s just turned twenty-one.
She’s best friends with The Kind of September.
And she’s dating Sam Morneau, everyone’s ultimate celebrity crush. Of course, no one is supposed to know about that. 

As it turns out, no one is supposed to know about a lot of things that happen behind the scenes of life with the planet’s most popular boy band. Now, what should be Happily Ever After for Mel and Sam is turning into a series of secrets, manipulation, and potential heartbreak... Just in time for The Kind of September’s world tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment