Saturday 28 May 2016

The Randy Romance Novelist - Meghan Quinn

Rosie lost her virginity to her dream guy, Henry. Flash forward a bit and she has turned into a sex addict taking every opportunity she can to try new things she's read in books. Despite a lot of her time being taken up with sex she still manages to squeeze in writing her novel and planning the best hen party of all time for her best friend. 

The book comes with a warning and I definitely think you should read that before choosing to read this book. It's not a completely serious romance novel and at times it really is a little over the top but truthfully that is what makes this book brilliant. I genuinely found myself almost crying with laughter at certain points of the book.

I actually liked the storyline and watching Rosie's insane reactions to life spiralling out of control. In most books I don't think I'd like her but her character just works so perfectly in this book. I also liked the fact she herself was writing her stories in a romance novel (the book you are reading?) and attends a very critical writing club meeting. Henry on the other hand is the complete opposite to Rosie. His reactions are calm and composed. He doesn't once react impulsively and is constantly looking out for Rosie and their potential future together.  

When I started reading this book I had no idea that it was in fact book number two in the series. Although it is perfectly fine to read without reading book number one I personally feel as though I would've got more out of the book of I knew about the back story. Certain things were mentioned which so clearly happened in book one at various points in the book. However, not reading book one first isn't necessary. I will be picking up the first book now though!

If you're looking for a romance novel that doesn't take itself too seriously this is the book for you. It was a fairly quick read scattered with multiple laugh out loud moments. However, my advice? Although I've not read it yet I do think you should pick up book number one in the series first as I think this book will follow up wonderfully.

Synopsis –

It finally happened, I lost my virginity. Cue applause and cheers.

For a while life was all rainbows and kittens prancing in a sky full of cotton candy clouds…that was until the demands of the real world set in.

My best friend is getting married and she asked me to be her maid of honor. She’s not worried about flowers, or the dress, or the food at the venue. No, she’s worried about the bachelorette party, what kind of penis crown she will wear, and the nipple size of the stripper who will be attending.

I’m in way over my head trying to balance life with a boyfriend, planning a penis party, and writing my romance novel. Something is bound to give.

This is my life after my happily ever after…

*** Warning: The Randy Romance Novelist is over the top, ridiculous, and is meant to make you burst out in laughter. Question the sanity of this author, and welcome over-dramatized comedy into your life. Please proceed if you would like to read about absurd tomfoolery type events, be exposed to the book world and other authors, as well as see that even in the midst of a comical combustion of nonsensical craziness (and naïve characters) love will always prevail. ***


 

No comments:

Post a Comment