Saturday 18 June 2016

Songs About A Girl - Chris Russell

If you've not guessed by this blog by now I love books about boy bands. Songs About A Girl is about the latest boy band Fire & Lights. Charlie Bloom is just a regular teenager who happened to go to school with Fire & Lights member Olly. Although they barely spoke at school somehow Olly finds out that Charlie is a keen photographer and offers her the opportunity to join him and the band at a few upcoming events. Of course hanging out with the most popular band in the world isn't quite as perfect as you can imagine.

I really don't know where to start with this book. On one hand, I stayed up until 3am when I was at work the next day just to finish reading it but on the other than ending just didn't finish remotely like I wanted it to. I just wanted different things to happen with different people and I just didn't like that it didn't happen! I became that invested in the ending I wanted that it just frustrated me when it didn't. Now I just want to read the next book (I'm hoping it has a book two from the ending!) already.

Olly was adorable. He really wants to help people and is always looking out for Charlie. For me, he's the kind of character that I love to read about. Olly's bandmate Gabriel on the other hand is a complete and utter twonk. He's much more argumentative and I'm still not entirely sure he does have other people's best interests at heart. 

If like me, you love reading novels concerning bands you will love this book! Although I've never been on tour with a band before I find it completely realistic and you it's easy to imagine yourself in that situation. Charlie is likeable and the band are just great to read about. Just be aware that this book doesn't end in the perfect romantic ending like many similar books do! Other than that, this book is fantastic and is well worth picking up to read. 

Synopsis -

Heartbreak, romance, fame and pop music - for anyone who's ever dreamed of saying 'I'm with the band'.

Charlie Bloom never wanted to be 'with the band'. She's happiest out of the spotlight, behind her camera, unseen and unnoticed. But when she's asked to take backstage photos for hot new boy band, Fire&Lights, she can't pass up the chance. 

Catapulted into a world of paparazzi and backstage bickering, Charlie soon becomes caught between gorgeous but damaged frontman Gabriel West and his boy-next-door bandmate, Olly Samson. Then, as the boys' rivalry threatens to tear the band apart, Charlie stumbles upon a mindblowing secret, hidden in the lyrics of their songs ...

No comments:

Post a Comment