Sunday 12 March 2017

Sugar We're Going Down - M.H. Soars

 

Saylor is struggling to get by in life, her band is going no where and she has a dead end waitressing job. She's just little Miss average except for the fact she has undeniable chemistry with rock star Oliver Best. However, it isn't so plain sailing as you would think as things couldn't possibly work out between them. Can they remain friends when forced together at a friends wedding? 


Truthfully I've been putting off writing this review because I haven't really known what to write. On paper this book screams like it's going to be a book that I would love but unfortunately in reality I just didn't enjoy it. I tried to pin point why and ultimately I think it's because I just didn't connect with the characters. The most I read this book the most irritating I found main character Saylor. I can't even tell you why, I just didn't enjoy reading about her. The twists and turns the book throws at the reader just didn't affect me like they should have as unfortunately I just wasn't really all that interested in what happened to Saylor. 


Sugar We're Going Down is actually book number 2 in a series and ends on such a cliffhanger that they'll most definitely be a book number 3. I read this book as a standalone. Although it is mentioned that Saylor and Oliver have history I think to fully appreciate what has happened between them you should read book number 1. However I did just read this book and not reading the first book didn't cause any issues.


I think if you like your books about celebrity romances then it's definitely worth checking this book out. It did have a good story running through it but for me the characters ruined it. However, if you can find a sample of this book definitely give it a read because if you like the characters then I'm sure you will love this book! 


Synopsis -


They say nothing compares to the first kiss. That sentence needs to be amended. Nothing compares to the first kiss from Oliver Best. I knew in the moment our lips touched that the cocky rockstar would be forever imprinted in my mind. I also knew that loving him would be my destruction. And yet, love him I did.

Oliver Best, former rockstar, heir to one of the largest fortunes in Great Britain, and the country's most infamous bad boy.

Saylor Blue Carter, college drop-out, lead singer of a struggling band, not a penny to her name.

When they met, it was hate at first sight. Oliver was an arrogant ass. Saylor was a cold hearted bitch. These were the thoughts they had for each other. Until that kiss. That life altering, earth shattering, nuclear kiss. They knew what that kiss meant. They knew anything between them would be explosive and without hope for a happily ever after. So they vowed to forget, they tried to stay away. But now with their best friends' wedding approaching, all bets are off.

No comments:

Post a Comment