Saturday 12 August 2017

I'm Back!

Hello! Bonjour! Hola! Remember me...? Yes I know, my blog has been extremely neglected (massive understatement...) this year. I had a bad start to the year and since then motivation to read and write has been non existent. I haven't even picked my kindle up for months because I just couldn't being myself to read which is the most bizarre thing coming from Miss I can read 5 books in a week. The blogger app had been discontinued on my phone too, which I think I was using as some what of an excuse not to write which didn't help either. But that's it, enough with the excuses!


However last week I attended Summer In The City in London. Summer In The City is the UKs largest YouTube event and to be honest it completely inspired me. I met a number of YouTubers including two of my favourites, travel vlogger Evan Edinger and amazingly talented artist Jamie Jo who is also known as bananajamana. I just walked round the day that I attended thinking that I could do this. I have a pretty swish camera, why couldn't I do this? And in reality although lots of people on YouTube are incredible artists or musicians etc lots of them are people just like me who just want a creative outlet and enjoy producing videos. It really made me stop and think that yes, maybe I could do this.


So here I am, back on my blog feeling very inspired to start writing again. If there's one thing that hit me whilst attending Summer In The City is that I could do these things and the only reason that I'm not is myself. Opportunities aren't going to come knocking at my door and I need to start making more for myself. Here's to a new start on my blog - hopefully I'll be back for a long time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment